Negester Klein-Kariba, with its distinctive Bushveld vegetation, is nestled in the Waterberg Biosphere - a UNESCO Heritage Site. It borders the ATKV Klein-Kariba holiday resort, is close to Bela-Bela (Warmbaths) and only an hour’s drive from Pretoria.
The Bela-Bela and Waterberg region has a wonderful summer rainfall climate, great shopping facilities, a private hospital, top-class golf and lawn bowl courses and various nature reserves.
- Shopping: Bela Mall, is a 17 800 m² modern convenience shopping centre on the edge of town and is situated on the R101 (15 km)
- Private hospital: Phodi Clinic Private Hospital (15,6 km)
- Golf: Zebula Country Club (56km), Elements Private Golf Reserve (35,7 km), etc.
- Nature reserves: Mabalingwe Nature Reserve (41,7 km), Zebula Nature Reserve (56 km), Sondela Nature Reserve & Spa (23,5 km)
- Airport: Bela-Bela Airfield (17 km)
Negester Klein-Kariba comprises 83 ha of land, with plenty of open green spaces and wildlife such as zebra, impala, nyala and warthog. A large variety of Bushveld trees are found on the estate, with beautiful local names, such as blinkblaar-wag-'n-bietjie, boekenhout, doppruim, karee, kiepersol, lekkerbreek, maroela and tambotie, to mention a few.
On 16 September 2017, the Bosveld Voëlklub, identified almost 40 species of birds within six hours – here you will find the bospatrys, bosveldvisvanger, janfrederik, katlagter, kleinbyvreter, kroonarend, kwêvoël, piet-my-vrou, suikerbekkie, troupant, vleiloerie, etc.
Within the estate there are four hiking trails to enjoy the landscape’s diverse fauna and flora.